Join us online to explore cognitive dissonance. What is it? How is it affecting us? How can we find our way toward resonance, together?
About this Event
The events of 2020 have highlighted and exacerbated new, entrenched, and difficult challenges. This workshop invites us to bravely face the discomfort of cognitive dissonance as we recognize misalignment between our actions and our ideals. This honest look increases our awareness of the impacts of living under systems of extraction. We will examine what cognitive dissonance means, how it shows up in our lives, and how it stands in the way of the regenerative world we desire. From a grounded place, the workshop invites us to tap into our own sources of creativity and access more energy in order to envision shared pathways forward and commit to collective action.
During this workshop, you will be invited to explore:
- Mindfulness and embodied presence
- The meaning and symptoms of cognitive dissonance through the Just Transition framework
- Noticing and sharing examples of how cognitive dissonance manifests in your life
- Solo imaginings of possibility, change, alignment, regeneration, resonance Note: Have on hand any tools that support your creativity! Examples include, but aren’t limited to: pen and paper, musical instruments, pastels, crayons, markers, pipe cleaners, clay, etc.
- Collective inspiration and ideas for ways forward
“The quality of light by which we scrutinize our lives has direct bearing upon the product which we live, and upon the changes which we hope to bring about through those lives.” ~Audre Lorde
“Another world is not only possible, she is on her way. On a quiet day, I can hear her breathing.” ~Arundhati Roy