We invite you to deepen your understanding of Just Transition and commitment to work to build a regenerative economy!
About this Event
GWI is focused on Just Transition in the Hudson Valley. What does that really mean? What would it look like? How do we do it? We invite you to dedicate a day to engage with a community of co-learners striving to deepen our shared understanding of Just Transition and our commitment to collectively working to build a regenerative economy.
Through interactive exercises, reflection, discussion, hands-on creativity, movement-based activities, inspiring examples, and compelling media, you will experience:
- How resources and work are combined to realize contrasting purposes in extractive and regenerative economies
- What it feels like to be immersed in, and to carve out spaces from, extractive worlds
- Stories of existing alternatives and possible futures that can liberate our imaginations
- Insight into ways we can move from where we are to the future we are committed to building
- A sense of how we can involve ourselves in working toward change
- Space to clarify your role and commit to one or more next steps in contributing to Just Transition
This GWI signature offering was developed by the Academy Circle and will be facilitated by GWI workers.
We are opening registration to the first 20 participants and closing it by or before February 16, 2020. Register early to save your spot!
Your registration fee includes the workshop, materials, and lunch, snacks, and beverages.
- Amount requested: $50 The requested registration fee reflects discounts made possible by the generous support of our donors. The full cost of the workshop is $75.
- Sliding scale: $25-75 If your current access to financial resources is limited, please consider paying less than the requested fee. If your current access to financial resources is ample, please consider paying more toward the full cost of the workshop and helping underwrite costs for fellow participants.
- Scholarships: If the low end of the sliding scale is still out of reach, we have a limited number of scholarships available. Apply here or email if you would like to speak to someone first.
- Donations: We welcome donations to help provide discounts and scholarships for Good Work Institute programs. Email if you would like more information before considering a donation.