We are now accepting applications for Good Work Fellowship Four.
The Good Work Fellowship is a six month program that brings together a network of engaged, local citizens and actively supports their collaborative efforts to create a thriving future for the people and places of the Hudson Valley.
Over the course of this experiential education program, more than thirty local fellows will co-develop and pilot regenerative solutions to pressing challenges and opportunities in the Hudson Valley. In the process, they cultivate inner clarity around personal essence and purpose, become equipped to collaborate deeply with a diverse group of stakeholders, deepen their knowledge and understanding of their places, learn and develop widely applicable tools and processes in design, communication, and problem solving, and grow the confidence to put these tools and this wisdom to use in the building of a future that works for all. Most importantly, participants form deep and lasting connections with their fellow local stewards, and join an ever-growing and diverse network of people working for a positive future for the Hudson Valley.
- Program runs from October 18, 2017 to March 23, 2018 (see full program dates below)
- Acceptance is by application only. Applications are due on September 6, 2017.
- Full scholarships are awarded to all participants
- This is a regional program with sessions and work organized around four hubs: Hudson, Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, and Kingston
- Each participant will join a sub-group located in the hub closest to them
- All participants will learn by doing, and develop and launch local impact projects
Who Should Apply?
Anyone who is committed to doing the good work needed to make the Hudson Valley thrive and ready to aid in the shift away from an extractive towards a regenerative economy should apply.
Each GWI cohort is comprised of more than thirty entrepreneurs, placemakers, and community leaders from the greater Hudson River Valley region. We seek to assemble a diverse group of public, private, and nonprofit leaders from all sectors and stages in work/business and encompassing all demographic, socioeconomic, and geopolitical backgrounds.
Attend an upcoming info session:
Kingston // August 8th 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. at Peace Nation Cafe
Poughkeepsie // August 9th 8:30 a.m. – 10:00 a.m. Location TBD
Newburgh // August 9th 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. at Calabash Restaurant
Hudson // August 18th 5:30 p.m. – 7:00 p.m. -Date/Location TBD
Immersion and Session dates:
- Immersions are multi-day overnight retreats, arriving 9:00 a.m. and departing 5:00 p.m.
- Local Working Sessions are three-hours, alternating between morning and evening meeting times in one of the local hubs: Poughkeepsie, Newburgh, Hudson, or Kingston.
Immersion One // October 18, 19, 20, 2017
Local Working Session // October 25, 2017
Local Working Session // November 8, 2017
Immersion Two // November 29, 30, 31, 2017
Local Working Session // December 6, 2017
Local Working Session // December 13, 2017
Local Working Session // December 20, 2017
Local Working Session // January 3, 2018
Immersion Three // January 10, 11, 12, 2018
Local Working Session // January 17, 2018
Local Working Session // January 24, 2018
Local Working Session // January 31, 2018
Local Working Session // February 7, 2018
Local Working Session // February 14, 2018
Local Working Session // February 21, 2018
Immersion Four // February 28 – March 1, 2, 2018
Local Working Session // March 7, 2018
Local Working Session // March 14, 2018
Graduation // March 23, 2018
Upcoming optional and recommended GWI events:
O + Conference // October 6, 7, 8, 2017
Solstice Party // December 21, 2017