Good Work Fellowship
The Good Work Fellowship taps into the deep potential of our communities to catalyze good work in the Hudson Valley by facilitating experiential learning, collaboration, and connections among cohorts of fellows based throughout the Hudson Valley. We are now accepting applications for the 2019 Spring Good Work Fellowship. Click the link below for the application and check back here for updates on application open house events.
For more information about the Spring Fellowship, come to one of our three open houses! We will provide a brief presentation about the fellowship and plenty of time for your questions.
In-Person Open Houses:
Online Open Houses
(hosted via Zoom video conferencing)
Who are fellows?
Fellows are initiators and innovators responding to the call to good work in their places. Fellows…
- …are, or desire to become, place-based practitioners of work that can ensure all members of the community can thrive and the human economy exists in balance with the natural world.
- …are ready and open to share their experience with, and allow their work to benefit from support of, the Good Work Network.
- …dedicate time to develop skills, connections, confidence and courage to actualize the potential of their places.
To each cohort of 32 fellows, we seek to invite a diversity of locally-engaged leaders from community and nonprofit organizations, local businesses, and government whose demographics and socio-economic backgrounds bring a cross-section of the perspectives represented in the Hudson Valley.
What happens during the fellowship?
Over the course of this intensive several month program, fellows develop deep ties to one another and gain vital collaboration and initiative‐building skills while cultivating inner clarity about what it means to do good work. Teams within the cohort learn by doing – inquiring into key questions and piloting projects related to the possibilities of a more equitable, regenerative economy. Fellows return to their places enriched by the opportunity to reflect on aligning their work and values and with embodied knowledge about how to collaborate to make change. The relationships forged within the fellowship are sustained through ongoing Good Work Network events and collaborations that link each cohort with the growing group of innovators and community leaders committed to a thriving future for the Hudson Valley.
Fellowship at a glance
- This is a regional program with sessions and projects organized around sub-regional hubs. Each fellow is assigned to sub-regional hubs based on where they are located.
- This is an experiential program, where fellows grow skills and build relationships by designing and testing initiatives collaboratively. Reflection, both inner and shared in teams, is a key component of the learning process.
- Full scholarships are awarded to all fellows invited to participate, and to ensure that finances don’t create a barrier to participation for qualified applicants, there is some additional financial assistance available.
- Most, but not all, of the scheduled retreats, gatherings and sessions are scheduled on weekends.
- Invitation to participate in the fellowship is by application only.